DIY Easy Dressing Table Hack



dressing table, stool, mirror, flower, baskets, shelves, accessories, make-up



If there is one thing that I have learned from moving into my new house, it is how to make the most of the space that I have, especially now that there is a lack of it. 
I have also developed what I believe to be the 'bargain hunting disease' and I simply cannot justify overspending on fancy furniture and decor within the home as it is eating into my holiday funds...so cheap, cheerful and effective DIY hacks are what I am all about. 
When this idea sprung to mind, it is safe to say I was pretty pleased with myself and I was even more pleased with the end result. 
It is such an easy, cost effective way to get the dressing table you've always wanted with the added benefit of taking up next to no room in your home.  


What do you need? 

- Ikea 'Lack' Floating Shelves 

- Mirror 
- Stool 
- Baskets 
- Cute Accessories 

Tips 


1. You want to make sure that you have purchased your stool/chair first as this will set the bar for the height of your shelves. I purchased my stool at a second-hand furniture store and gave it a sand down and a paint with some wood paint and voila, I have a gorgeous up-cycled stool 🙋 

2. You also want to make sure that you have your storage baskets purchased. It is important that you take note of the length of your shelf and this will allow you to work out the size of your storage baskets before you purchase them
3. Once you have your stool picked out, you need to decide on the height of your shelves.To do so, I sat on the stool and had my partner mark out on the wall with a light pencil to mark the height for the bottom shelf. Following the Ikea instructions, I then proceeded to put the shelf onto the wall. 
4. The next step is to pop your baskets on top of the shelf. Grab yourself a helping hand and ask them to hold the second shelf in place above the baskets while you mark out the height on the wall. Again, following the instructions, proceed by fixing the second shelf to the wall.
5. Once you have your shelving in place, you can place your mirror either on or above your shelves and put your stool in place.
6. Now the exciting part! It is time to add your accessories ✨


dressing table accessories, candle holder, orchid, flowers, plant, candle
Small plants or flowers, sparkly tea-light holders and string lights always make for nice decorations 

cotton wool, photo, jar, string lights, dressing table accessories

This is a great handy hack for small homes or flats that won't break the bank and has the same desired effect. It also has the benefit of taking up to next to room in your personal space and adds a creative bit of interior decor to your home. Who said DIY couldn't be fun and creative?? ðŸ˜Š


#DIY #doityourself #dressingtable #becreative #handyhacks #homehacks #householdhacks #lifehacks #lifetips #hometips


Product Links 



Comments

Popular Posts